Who We Are
Evangelical Chinese Church (ECC) is a Christian church community that seeks to grow, equip, love and serve others for the glory of God. We are located in North Parramatta in Sydney.
We offer a contemporary English-speaking service at 9:30am every Sunday morning. By providing a single church service in which all generations gather to learn from the Bible together, our church aspires to generate a warm family culture which stems from our love for Christ and each other.
We are a diverse community made up of young families, students, young workers and seniors. Regardless of what stage of life you are in, we hope that you will feel at home at ECC. As a small but growing church, we provide a personal and friendly environment for discovering who Jesus is and getting to know one another.
Whether you want to find out more about Jesus or are already a Christian, we would love for you to join us at our Sunday service. We hope that you will feel welcome as you meet our church family.
We seek to be a church community where Jesus radically transforms people’s lives and equips them to love one another and serve the world for God’s glory.
- We believe in one God, living and true, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness, the maker and preserver of all things, existing in three persons, namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the true God and true man, His virgin birth, His crucifixion and death to reconcile us to His father, being a sacrifice, not only for original guilt but also for all actual sins of mankind; His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven and His coming again to judge all peoples.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance with the Father and the Son. He is sent to dwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer and convict the world of sin, righteousness and of judgement.
- We believe in the Canonical books of the Old and New Testaments which are a complete revelation of God’s will, and contain all things necessary for salvation. The Canonical books of the Old Testament are: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, I and II Samuel, I and II Kings, I and II Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Songs of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi. The Canonical books of the New Testament are: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, the Acts of the Apostles, Romans, I and II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I and II Thessalonians, I and II Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I and II Peter, I, II and III John, Jude, and the Revelation to John.
- We believe that all people were originally created in the image of God, fell through disobedience, thereby incurring both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the non-penitent and unbelieving is existence in everlasting punishment, and that of the believer in everlasting joy.
- We believe that salvation has been provided through the vicarious atonement of Jesus Christ for all people. Those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. We are accounted righteous (i.e. justified) before God, only through the atoning work of our Lord Jesus Christ by faith, and not by our own works.
- We believe that sanctification is the work of the Holy Spirit by which the child of God is separated from sin unto God and is enabled to love God with all his heart and to walk in all His holy commandments blameless. Sanctification is initiated at the moment of justification and regeneration. Thereafter, there is a progressive sanctification as a believer walks with God. It is followed by a life-long growth in grace and the knowledge of Jesus Christ and a life of holiness.
- We believe that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to life and of the unjust to judgment.
- We believe in the personal return or our Lord Jesus Christ. At his return, He will fulfil all prophecies made concerning His final and complete triumph over evil.
The Bible // 2 Timothy 3:16-17
The Bible is our ultimate authority for faith and living; therefore we study it diligently, teach and obey it faithfully
Prayer // Philippians 4:6-7
We recognise God’s sovereignty and depend on Him by committing all things to Him, through personal and corporate prayer.
Godly Living // Titus 2:11-13
We are called to please God by worshipping Him with our whole lives, being faithful stewards of His gifts, striving ourselves and discipling others to be like Christ.
Ministry // 1 Peter 4:10
We affirm that every believer is gifted to serve and we are committed to equipping and encouraging every member to serve God with our utmost, within a team ministry.
Unity // Ephesians 4:3-6
We celebrate our unity in Christ, which should permeate all aspects of our church life, therefore we are committed to building loving relationships with each other.
Evangelism // Matthew 28:18-20
We are motivated by our passion for God and His love for all people, therefore we are committed to sharing the Gospel in our community and the world, helping people to establish a personal relationship with Christ and grow in spiritual maturity.
Accountability // Hebrews 4:13
As God’s family, we are accountable to God and to each other in our conduct and actions